Do I need a Business License?

A Business License is required for businesses operating within the city limits of Stanwood, including businesses physically located outside city limits that perform services for customers inside city limits. City approval is required for initial issuance. All Business Licenses must renew on or before the expiration date printed on their Business Licensing Service renewal notice.
(Stanwood Municipal Code 5.03.010 - 5.03.090)

For further information, please visit the Stanwood Business Licensing page. You may also contact the Permit Specialist at City Hall via phone at 360-629-2181, ext. 5211 or go to the Washington State Department of Revenue website, or call the Washington State Business Licensing Service at 800-451-7985.

Show All Answers

1. How do I sign up to receive emailed utility bills?
2. Where do I pay traffic and parking infractions?
3. Are pet licenses required in the City of Stanwood?
4. Does the City of Stanwood have a leash law?
5. Are door-to-door sales permitted in the city?
6. Do I need a Business License?
7. How do I register to vote?
8. How do I find out about city jobs?
9. How do I report a pothole or other unsafe street condition?
10. How do I report a street light out?
11. Where can I apply for a passport?