Who Should I Contact?

Phone Numbers to Use for Police Dispatch / Police Department


If there is an immediate emergency threat to life or property, dial 911. Emergencies include:

  • Any urgent/emergent medical or fire situation
  • Any in-progress crime, suspicious activity, or any time a person fears for their safety or the safety of others
  • If you are not sure if your situation is an emergency, you are encouraged to call 911.

When you call 911, be prepared to answer the call-taker’s questions, which may include:

  • The location of the emergency, including the street address and/or landmarks
  • The phone number of calling party
  • The nature of the emergency
  • Details about the emergency, such as a physical description of a person who may have committed a crime, a description of any fire that may be burning, or a description of injuries or symptoms being experienced by a person requiring urgent medical attention


For non-emergencies, call our dispatch center, SNO911, at 425-407-3999. Non-emergencies include:

  • Non-violent crime that occurred earlier and there is no suspect information (online crime reporting is available)
  • Situations where emergency services personnel are needed but there is no immediate danger to life or property

Power Outage

To report a power outage, call Snohomish County Public Utility District at 425-783-1001.

Other Inquiries

For other inquiries, call the Stanwood Police Department business line at 425-388-5290. Monday - Friday 9AM - 5PM. These types of inquiries include:

Show All Answers

1. Who Should I Contact?
2. How can I file a police report?
3. How can I get a copy of my police report?
4. How can I get a clearance letter?
5. How can I get local road and/or weather information?
6. Who do I call for ticket/infraction information?
7. How can I get a court order?
8. Does the Stanwood Police Department serve court orders?
9. Who handles animal control in the City?
10. How do I submit a crime tip?
11. Who do I call if I need to make a police report?