Read some tips to keep your sewer system worry-free and functioning properly.
- Ask a plumber about ways to keep your house sewer line trouble-free.
- Deposit all cooking grease, eggshells and coffee grounds in the trash.
- Place a wastebasket in each bathroom for the disposal of solid waste, disposable diapers, and personal hygiene products.
- Report any sewer problems or overflows.
- Use only a licensed contractor or plumber to make repairs.
- Dig without calling 811
- Flush the following down toilets:
- Paper towels
- Sanitary napkins
- Soiled rags
- Plant trees directly over a sewer line; root growth in sewer lines is problematic
- Pour chemicals, cleaners, motor oil or solvent down the sewer
- Proceed with an expensive sewer line repair without getting a second opinion
- Put cooking grease or eggshells down drains or in garbage disposals
- Use the toilet as a wastebasket
- Use an unlicensed or unknown contractor to make repairs