City of Stanwood. 10220 270th ST NW, Stanwood, WA 98292
Contact: Jennifer Ferguson
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: May 1, 2020
STANWOOD- City continues precautions for Novel Coronavirus (COVID19) and planning for Re-Opening of some City Services
The City of Stanwood continues to closely monitor updates regarding Novel Coronavirus 2019 and is planning to re-open city services on a phased approach coordinated with regional and State agencies. Those interested in community updates should monitor the city website by accessing www.stanwoodwa.org and city social media sites for updates regarding: the timing of services to re-open, local business updates, community resources and links to Snohomish County, State of Washington and other Agencies.
City Council meetings will continue to be live streamed for upcoming public meetings, per the Governor Order, continue to comply with the Open Public Meetings Act and to allow for public “virtual” attendance. Council Committees, Boards and Commission meetings will also continue to be conducted virtually. See the city website calendar for meeting links and agendas.
In an effort to ensure the continued safety and well-being of our city staff members, City facilities including City Hall and the Stanwood Police Department will remain closed to the public at this time. Some city services will continue to be suspended until further notice or may have new guidance on how to conduct city business below:
- City Hall will remain closed to public access.
- Passport services. Please check with the U.S. Department of State (travel.state.gov) on how to obtain a passport. You may also consider checking other nearby locations to verify their availability. Passport renewal applications can be completed online and submitted via US Mail. Passport services at Stanwood City Hall will be closed until further notice.
- Utility billing payments. Customers should make all payments either by US Mail, online, by phone, or the drop box in front of City Hall, rather than in person. To learn how to make payments on line visit this page: Utility Billing to make a payment by phone, please call 360-629-2181, and select option 0 for the finance department.
- Permit Submission. Permit applications can be submitted electronically to Amy Rusko at Amy.Rusko@ci.stanwood.wa.us. Please include a PDF of the plans with the application. Payment can be submitted by US Mail, by phone, or the drop box in front of City Hall, rather than in person. Forms can be found here: http://stanwoodwa.org/223/Applications-Forms-Checklists Please call 360-454-5220 with questions.
- Building Inspections: Existing construction projects are restarting, all developers are required to implement a COVID-19 Exposure Control, Mitigation and Recovery Plan. A copy of this plan shall be posted at each job site and readily available for viewing by the City Inspector. The City considers “existing construction projects” to mean those projects that have an active issued building permit. The Governor was specific about allowing work to “resume”; this means that projects that are pending or that have building permits not yet issued will need to wait to start until the Governor allows. Enforcement of the Governor’s Order is regulated by the Washington State Department of Labor and Industry. They may be reached at 1-800-423-7233 or via email at adag235@Ini.wa.gov.
Phase 1: Low-risk construction work resumes.
Any existing construction projects complying with the points below may resume only those work activities that do not require workers to be closer than six-feet together. If a work activity requires workers to be closer than six-feet, it is not considered low-risk and is not authorized. Adherence to the physical distancing requirement and the health and safety points below will be strictly enforced.
- Stanwood Police Department main lobby will remain closed to public access.
Fingerprinting and Concealed Pistol License processing at Stanwood Police Department. We are not offering fingerprinting services at this time. We will accept new Concealed Pistol License (CPL) applications, but they will cannot be processed until fingerprint services are restored. We are accepting and processing CPL renewals.
- Parks and Trails will open May 5, 2020 with the following limitations. Visitors are expected to comply with social distancing guidelines to ensure that these facilities will remain open:
- Restrooms will remain closed.
- Disc Golf at Church Creek Park will be open for groups, per the Governor Order.
- Picnic Shelters will remain closed
- Skate Park at Heritage Park will remain closed
- Ball-field use and rentals will remain unavailable and closed
Stanwood’s Clean Sweep Day will be May 16, 2020. This is community clean- up day for city residents only with proof of residency in the parking lot at the Country Store (Former Thrifty Foods). Social distancing and new protocols will be in place for those needing to dispose of garbage and household items.
The community is reminded that, based on available evidence, viruses are transmitted between people through close contact and droplets. Be diligent in:
- Washing hands thoroughly (20+ seconds)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Sneeze in your sleeve; Cough in your cuff
- Wear a mask if you have respiratory symptoms
- Maintain social distance (6’) from individuals
- Limit activities where crowds are present
For the most accurate information, please refer to the following websites:
Snohomish Health District- https://www.snohd.org/
World Health Organization- https://www.who.int/
Center for Disease Control- https://www.cdc.gov/
Josephine Caring Community- https://www.josephinecc.com/
Stanwood Camano School District- https://www.stanwood.wednet.edu/
City continues precautions for Novel Coronavirus (COVID19) and planning for Re-Opening of some City Services
City Continues to Take Precautions for Novel Coronavirus 2019 3-26-20
City Continues to Take Precautions for Novel Coronavirus 2019 3-24-20
City Continues to Take Precautions with Novel Coronavirus 2019 3-19-20
City Office Close to Public 3-17-20
City Services Reduced 3-11-20
City to Declare State of Emergency 3-9-20
Declaration of Emergency 3-9-20
Coronavirus Precautions- Meetings Canceled 3-6-20