Benefits of the Adopt-A-Street Program
The Adopt-A-Street Program is designed to enlist the help of the public in maintaining and beautifying the streets and sidewalks in the City of Stanwood. The program is intended to recruit volunteers to groom and maintain city streets and sidewalks primarily, but not limited to a litter control program. Through this partnership with community members, the city is able to maintain and improve the streets and sidewalks for the enjoyment of our community.
There are two ways you can volunteer; as an individual or with a group from an organization.
- Individual Volunteers must be 14 years of age or older. This is because the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries will not cover any injury to those under that specific age. If an individual younger than 14 years of age were to be injured while volunteering for the City, the taxpayers would end up having to pay for 100% of the cost.
- Organizations whose membership consists of children under 14 years old can be allowed to perform volunteer services if they provide proof of liability insurance and the adult supervision necessary to perform the activity safely.
How to Adopt-A-Street
- Read the Volunteer Workers Handbook - Adopt-A-Street (PDF)
- Fill out the Adopt-A-Street Application (PDF)
- Fill out either the Individual or the Organizational Volunteer Service Agreement:
- Turn in all paperwork, including insurance if required and the $30 sign fee
Streets are adopted on a first-come-first-serve basis and are not adopted until all paperwork has been received.
- You can mail or hand-deliver your paperwork to:
Attn: Public Works
10220 270th Street NW
Stanwood, WA 98292
Adopted streets/area must be cleaned at least once a quarter. Please call Public Works 3 to 5 days before you plan to clean your street/area to schedule a time to pick up trash bags, gloves and safety vests. All vests and the Participant Roster (PDF) need to be returned to Public Works within 7 days.
Streets / Areas Available to Adopt
View the area map (PDF).
- Area 1 - Available
- Area 2 - Adopted by Stanwood Camano Kiwanis
- Area 3 - Available
- Area 4 - Adopted by Sundberg Family
- Area 5 - Adopted by The Dennis and Judy Pearce Family
- Area 6 - Available
- Area 7 - Adopted by Angels of America
- Area 8 - Available
- Area 9 - Adopted by Tidelands Church