Get a Concealed Pistol License

How to apply for, new CPL 

Applicants must be Stanwood residents having a zip code of 98292 or out-of-state residents. Applicants unsure of where to apply can locate their law enforcement agency using the county’s Law Enforcement Look-up page.

Stanwood Police accepts new CPL applications Tuesday and Thursday from 1PM-4:30PM ONLY. You will have to be fingerprinted and this is the fingerprint hours.

Any applicant convicted of a felony cannot have a permit unless their rights have been restored by the appropriate court. Other conditions that may prevent the ability to obtain a CPL are listed in RCW 9.41.070.

How to apply for, renew or replace a CPL

In-person applications are accepted at the Stanwood Police Department to Stanwood residence with 98292 zip code only. You can apply for a renewal CPL during normal business hours Mon – Fri 9AM – 4:30PM.

CPL renewals: You may not apply until 90 days prior to the expiration date shown on your current CPL.

CPL late renewals: Applications will be accepted up to 90 days after the expiration date shown on the current CPL.

Lost or Stolen CPL: If your CPL is lost, stolen or destroyed, you may apply for a replacement CPL Mon – Fri 9AM – 4:30PM.

What to bring

Applicants must provide one of the following state or federally issued photo identification:

  • A current driver’s license
  • A current Washington state identification card
  • Military identification card
  • A current passport
  • Law enforcement identification
  • Additional required documentation (if applicable):
  • Permanent resident card (green card)
  • Alien Firearms License

When will I receive my permit?

In accordance with RCW 9.41.070, a CPL will be issued to an eligible person residing in this state within 30 days after the submission of an application. If the applicant does not have a valid Washington state driver’s license or Washington state identification card or has not been a resident of Washington for the previous consecutive ninety days, the CPL will be issued within 60 days after the submission of an application.

Out-of-State Residents

Washington has reciprocity for concealed pistol licenses issued by certain other states, so long as the handgun is carried in accordance with Washington law. The Washington State Attorney General’s website provides a list of those states that have reciprocity with Washington for concealed pistol licenses.

Alien Firearms Licenses

The Department of Licensing has additional application information for resident aliens living in Washington State who wish to apply for a firearms license.


 Fees may be paid by cash or checks. Exact change is helpful. Fees are as follows:

Originals/New:  applications need to be fingerprinted: $49.25
Renewals: may be applied for up to 90 days before the expiration date: $32
Late/Renewals: may be applied for up to 90 days past the expiration date: $42
Replacements: (Lost, Address or Name Change, Etc.): $10
Lamination: $5

In accordance with RCW 9.41.070 (5), RCW 9.41.070 (6) and RCW 9.41.070 (7), fees associated with applying for a CPL are non-refundable. In the event that you cancel your application, or if you are found to be ineligible to lawfully possess a CPL/firearm, you will not receive a refund.