COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PERMITS
The Community Development Department processes, reviews, and approves building, land use and construction permits. This is instrumental in creating an environment in which high quality construction and development can occur in Stanwood’s neighborhoods, with a focus on customer service and providing the best possible advice and inspection services to homeowners, contractors, and developers.
For a Special Event Application Permit, please click here.
Building, Land Use, and Construction Permit Submittals
Permit applications can be submitted online via the permit portal by clicking the Apply Online Button below. Over the Counter permits include Residential Mechanical, Residential Plumbing and Re-Roofs and will be issued to the applicant immediately after payment is processed. All other permits will be reviewed and the applicant will be contacted when the permit is approved or if additional documentation is required. Permit Payments can be made online via the permit portal as well.
How to Apply for Permits:
- Click the Apply Online Button above. This will take you to the online submittal portal.
- Find the permit type you are applying for and select Click Here. This will take you to your application. Please fill out the application form and save to your computer to upload with your submittal.
- You will then need to go back to the main portal page and select Click to Submit Application for your permit type.
- You will need to fill in the Property Information by typing in the address for your project and the Contractor (if there is one). Then complete the short application. Some of these details will be the same as the permit application that you previously filled out.
- Upload the application and any additional documents that you have for your permit type.
- Press the Submit Button. Your application has now been submitted.
How to Apply for Over the Counter Permits:
- Follow steps 1 through 5 above.
- Press the Pay Fees Button. Please note: If you have pop-up windows blocked, the payment window will not be able to open.
- Complete the payment information and press Submit.
- Your permit will be available as a letter within your permit view screen. Staff will follow up with you via email if any additional information is needed.
How to Pay Permit Fees:
- Click the Apply Online button above to get to the permit portal page.
- Select the Click Here to Search Button for either Building Permit Search or Land Use/Zoning/Construction Permit Search depending on your permit type.
- Select either Search By permit number or parcel number.
- In the Search Box enter either your permit number or your parcel number depending on the choice you selected.
- Your permit will be added to the screen. You can then choose to View.
- Your permit will populate and click the Pay Unpaid Fees Button. This will take you to a secure website to pay your permit fees.
Please Keep in Mind the Following Information:
Building Permits require additional information to be submitted with the application and may include the following documents; Site Plan, Architectural Plans, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Report, and Specifications. Please include all the documents required for your permit type.
Land Use Permits require additional information to be submitted with the application and may include the following documents; Site or Subdivision Plan, Landscape Plans, Preliminary Civil Construction Plans (water, sewer, storm, streets, etc.), Building Elevations, Project Narrative, Legal Descriptions or Survey, Vicinity Map, SEPA Checklist, Critical Area Report, Archaeology/Cultural Report, Geotechnical Report, Traffic Impact Study, Drainage Report, Public Notice Materials, School Safe Walking Conditions Assessment, Title Certificate, and Lot Closures.
Civil Construction Permits require additional information to be submitted with the application and may include the following documents; Site Plans, Landscape Plans, Civil Construction Plans (water, sewer, storm, streets, etc.), Project Narrative, Survey, Traffic Control Plan, Drainage Report, Geotechnical Report, SEPA Checklist, Sureties/Bonds, As-Built Plans, and CAD Drawings.